Unable to resolve select/match decisions for 17 Nov draft

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:07:25 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
In the 2 Nov minutes, we agreed to describe the semantics of XPath
expressions on input and for-each as 'select', but on viewport as
'match'.

I realize now that I cannot see how to implement these decisions for
the 17 November draft. Saying that the semantics of the 'select'
attribute on p:input is different when the parent is p:viewport just
seems horrible. Adding a match attribute to the p:input element for
p:viewport seems equally horrible.

I also think we left the issue of the syntactic inconsistency of
p:choose/p:when open.

For now, I'll drop editorial notes into the draft.