Re: Variables and parameters

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:12:04 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt> was heard to say:
| I've got something bugging my head on p:for-each. How to handle naming
| the outputs from pipelines which have for-each on them? Things such as

For a pipeline that returns a sequence of documents, I expect the base
URI of each document to provide its "name". If my XSLT (2.0) process
produces a principle result document and three additional result
documents with the href values 'chap1.xml', 'chap2.xml', and
'manifest', I expect the output from the XSLT 2.0 step to be a
sequence of four documents (in no particular order). Each document
will "know" it's own base URI and I expect we'll have components that
can make selections based on that URI.