Re: Variables and parameters

On 5/12/06, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> If variables and parameters can only be strings, then I prefer an AVT
> (because the semantics of AVTs is that they create strings). If they can
> be of other types, then I prefer a select attribute.

Even if we restrict parameters to be strings, instead of AVT I prefer
to use this syntax:

Because:

1) This enables use to lift the restriction on parameter type in the
future while keeping the same syntax. (Using XDM for parameters seems
like a natural extension.)
2) It makes the syntax consistent with XSLT.

> (If the distinction between defining and setting parameters is
> confusing, perhaps it would be less so if we used <p:param> elements at
> the pipeline level and <p:with-param> or <p:set-param> elements at the
> step level.)

+1 for using <p:param> / <p:with-param>

Alex
--