Re: Syntax noodling

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:46:31 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk> was heard to say:
|> Maybe another way to look at it is that components can have 0 to n
|> *named* inputs, 0 to n *named* outputs, an optional *anonymous* input,
|> and an optional *anonymous* output.
| Alternatively the component definition could declare one of the
| named inputs to be the "default" input, and similarly for output.

Yes, if we have defaults at all, I think I like that better. It
amounts to the same thing for the user, but it feels more uniform to
me. Every input then has a name.

If an output has more than one input, do we still allow one of them
to be defaulted?

I think I'd prefer to make the name optional only in the case where
there is a single input or output. (As I've done for the output in
both cases above.)