Re: Pipeline proposal

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:28:28 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

On 3/24/06, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> Another thought, perhaps for a future
> version, would be to provide more detail about what's expected/generated
> by a particular component: perhaps giving the name of the document
> element or even an entire schema that the documents adhere to.

Jeni,

I support your idea above about having a built-in mechanism to
validate documents going through the pipeline. One proposal is to look
at XSLT for inspiration. In the absence of a schema this would allow
us to simply say "I expect the qname of the root element to be x:y",
or with a schema to reference a complex type of element defined in
that schema.

Alex