Re: Inputs and outputs

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:44:18 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> was heard to say:
| I think we might be talking at cross purposes. Perhaps the point
| behind the 'ref' design is that as long as two elements are linked
| through a name/ref pair, it doesn't matter which has the name and
| which has the ref. I'm just worried that if we allow all combinations
| then it will be confusing for users to read pipelines written in
| different styles:

I'm worried about that too. I had hoped we could always say, inputs
point to outputs or vice versa. But since we can't, I'm not sure which
is easier: to say that "these inputs must point to outputs" and "these
outputs must point to inputs" or simply to say "as long as you link
them correctly, it's your business which you choose.