Re: p:step

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:54:07 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

Norman Walsh wrote:
> A step looks like:
>
>   step := ($kind, with-input*, with-output*)

Here I think the the 'with-*' is just extra syntax we don't
need.  The containment of the input/output in the step doesn't
require a "with-" prefix anymore than at the pipeline level.

> Where $kind identifies the kind of process. That must either match the
> name of some in-scope p:pipeline elment or match one of an
> implementation-defined list of known process types.
>
>   with-input := ($name, $from, $href, {any content})

Shouldn't the 'from' be consistent with the attribute use at the
pipeline level for the 'input' construct?

> The valid names depend on the $kind of step. Each can either come from
> the output of some other step or input (in which case the $from must
> match one of those labels) or from a URI or from content. It must have
> exactly one of those.
>
>   with-output := ($name, $label)

Again, 'label' conflicts with 'name' for me...