No pipes, no defaults, no prefixes, oh my!

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:13:49 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

After chatting with Norm a bit today, I've decided that I'm not going
to try to pursue this idea of a straight-through pipe for now.  I also
don't really want to think about any kind of defaulting either.  ..but
that's my preference and not the WG's.

All the examples of defaulting I've seen lead me to believe that typos
or omissions might result in radically different pipelines if we
had defaulting.  Until we can sort that out, defaulting or prefixing
inputs or output names to make things easier seems very premature.
It could make things very confusing for both the implementor and
user.

So, I'm off the defaulting/pipe/etc. bandwagon for now.

In my schema I sent out for my examples, everything is the same except
just don't use the pipe element.

I'll resend my examples without the pipe element.

--Alex Milowski