Re: Naming steps or naming outputs

From: Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:36:49 +0100
To: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Alex Milowski wrote:
> Much like in XSLT, in smallx I added an extension-element-prefixes
> attribute on the root pipe element.  This allows the compiler to know
> whether it has a step it doesn't understand.  That is, if the namespace
> associated with that prefix is the same as the namespace as the
> unknown step, it can "halt and catch fire" on that step.

Maybe if the attribute is something like step-element-prefixes (and not
general "extension" elements) the same semantics of p:step can be
achieved (orhaving a p:is-step attribute added to the non-standard
components to flag the same behavior).

Or did you thought on allowing extensions to be possible to use other
than steps? Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Rui