Re: Component interfaces

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:00:45 +0100
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
To: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>

On Jan 16, 2006, at 12:07, Erik Bruchez wrote:
> Rui Lopes wrote:
>
> > I've thought a bit more about this issue. I agree with you,
> > regarding the XSLT processor. However, requiring infosets as inputs
> > is a problem: if you have an XQuery processor, your approach would
> > require queries to be written in XQueryX [1]; if you have a Relax NG
> > schema, compact syntax would not be allowed; a hypothetic SQL
> > processor would require queries to be wrapped into an XML envelope.
>
> The questions of XQuery and Relax NG compact are interesting. A few
> points:

There may be another option that does not incur overly high
complexity: if instead of Infosets the inputs are sequences of nodes,
XQuery, RNC, or SQL could be input as text nodes (possibly document
nodes containing only a text node child, though that might be bending
it too much).

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist