Re: What is passed between processes?

From: Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:27:55 +0000
To: "Fang, Andrew" <afang@ptc.com>
CC: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Fang, Andrew wrote:

> If I decide to switch to a different vendor/implementation, I expect it
> to work. I may get some warning about missing components, but it should
> still complete the process.

I totally agree.  However, this will enforce the need of having a set of
standard processing components (such as XSLT, XInclude, Schema
validation, just to name a few). I'm not so sure about the process
completeness. I believe the processing model should state that a
conformant implementation is able to process a pipeline if it has all
the components available.

Cheers,

Rui