Re: Kinds of iteration

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:24:16 +0000 (GMT)
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

> 1. Iteration over a sequence of elements...

Only elements?  I would have thought that we would want to allow text
nodes, and (for completeness) comments and PIs.  Attributes are a bit
more difficult, but XSLT manages to treat them as first-class.

> 2. Iteration over a sequence of documents...

Do we need to distinguish documents from document nodes?  Can we unify
1 and 2 by providing iteration over a sequence of nodes?  And
accomplish this:

>    2.c. ...created as new documents with document elements identified
>            via 1 above

by providing a mechanism to wrap an element in a generated document node?

-- Richard