Re: Re: Proposal for subordinate source elements

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 00:28:50 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 12/6/06, Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com> wrote:
> P.S. Any other discussion before tomorrow's call?

Murray,

and <p:here> here document</p:here> do look good: they are consistent
and readable. However, I have been writing quite a few pipelines over
the last few years, and I can't help thinking about those who will be
doing the same in XProc over the next few years. So while I like how
readable and consistent your proposal is, I am afraid that by adding
those elements we would be going down the road of XML Schema or WSDL:
we would be creating a syntax so verbose that those who will have to
use it will hate it.

Alex
--
Blog (XML, Web apps, Open Source):