Notes on spec

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:54:47 +0100 (BST)
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

This is just a list of comments that occurred to me while reading the spec.

2

As well as saying that implementations must not assume that components
are functional, we should explicitly say that they must not assume that
they are side-effect free.

Does a subpipeline have to be connected?  A pipeline doesn't.

2.1

A component *has* a number of ports, which may be zero.  But it *MAY
have* an arbitrary number of parameters.  Surely it *has* a number of
parameters, which may be zero.

2.3

Did we agree that the string value of non-string parameters is used?
I remember arguing that it should be an error to use non-strings,
so that a future version could compatibly allow non-string values,
but I don't remember what we agreed.  Thinking about it now, perhaps
it's not a problem since we could require non-string parameters to
be declared as such.

3.5

"guarantee" not "gaurantee"; "available" not "avialable".

... - more when I've read the rest.

-- Richard