Re: Alternative to x!y

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:48:23 +0100
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com> was heard to say:
> | Is "!" just a placeholder or the actual proposed syntax?
> We invented x!y and decided that would do until something
> better came along. If it ever does.

! is the first possible ASCII character, but I don't like it because (at
least in the font I generally use) it doesn't give a very clear
separation between the step and port name.

What about something like x->y (e.g. source="validate->result").
Something arrow-like has the right "flowing" connotations...

Jeni Tennison