Save component and multiple inputs

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:53:46 +0100
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

Hi Norm,

The current draft says that "If the href parameter [of the Save
component] is specified, all the documents are written to that URI and
if more than one document arrives, the URI will contain only the last
document when the component finishes."

I think that this could introduce side effects. Say that we're saving
the result of an iteration:

The order in which the documents were processed within the for-each
would determine which of the results was saved to output.xml.

I think that it should be an error if the href parameter is specified
for the save component and more than one input document is provided.

Jeni Tennison