Re: XProc: An XML Pipeline Language

From: Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:47:15 +0100
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM> was heard to say:
> | I tinkered a bit more today, sketching a few example components in the
> | standard library. I'm not entirely happy with the markup, the tabular
> | summary, or the graphics. But it's a start.

A few questions/suggestions:

1) "Pipelines must be acyclic. XProc does not support iteration."

I believe the word "iteration" may be percepted as "iteration over a
collection", instead of cycles within the pipeline graph (if I
understood your wording correctly).

2) "load" component: I don't undestand the difference between having
this component instead of implicit URIs declared in some step. From your
other post to the mailing list I understand the need for the "save"
component.

3) "identity" component: for clarification purposes, allowing multiple
inputs and outputs should require explicit binding between each
input/output pair? Something like:

4) "xslt" component: being XSLT 1.0, I believe it should state "input
document+" and "output document". Currently, the opposite is being stated.

Cheers,
Rui