Re: an idea: ports == options

From: Romain Deltour <rdeltour@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:19:49 +0100
Cc: "public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org Comments" <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>, XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
> So, source on steps has an arbitrary XPath as value?  What about _its_
> value?  Is it restricted to documents?  If not, is it restricted at
> all?

The idea would be to allow arbitrary XPath ('item()*'), yes. Some type coercion would be needed at some places, e.g. to serialize an XPath or when an actual document node is expected.

But thatís not specific to this proposal, is it ? I would assume the same question to be asked about existing requirements #2.2 and #2.5.

Romain.