Re: Threading and ordering

Yes, some of our pipelines rely this ordering.

One of our use case is EPUB production, where we gather some XHTML content documents on an input port, coming from different previous steps; the order of the documents on the port is used to define the reading order of the EPUB.

That said, this is not a *strict* dependence,  we could certainly find a workaround if the XProc spec was to change. Another option would be to keep the default behavior and add an option to explicitly declare when the order doesn't matter, e.g. using an extra attribute on the p:input and p:output ?

Romain.