Re: Charsets, encodings, http-request, unescape-markup, and convenience, oh my!

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:44:16 +0200
To: vojtech.toman@emc.com
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
On 10 October 2011 13:35, ? wrote:

  Hi,

> If you want to treat the response data as HTML, you can apply
> p:unescape-markup to it.

  But then there is a difference between XML and HTML (the former
is parsed but not the later).  Of course HTML is not XML, but in
an XML environment (that is, XProc), it makes sense to presume
that users will want to use the XML tools on the HTML documents.

> But if you want to treat the (HTML) response data as a sequence
> of bytes, you should still be able to do that.

  Of course, like for XML content btw, by overriding the content-
type on a per-request basis.

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/