p:string-replace/@replace context XPath node

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:58:36 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
Hi all,

What is the context node for evaluating the "replace" XPath expression
in p:string replace? The document element (as specified in the section
"Step XPath context") or the matched node (as I would expect)? It is not
clear from the description of p:string-replace.

Right now, it seems to me that the document element is used as the
context node, but if that is the case, how would you then use
p:string-replace to, for instance, increase the value of all COUNTER
elements in the document?

Vojtech Toman
Principal Software Engineer
EMC Corporation