New err:XD0034 and p:data

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:52:23 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
Hi,

A small thing related to p:data and the "wrapper", "wrapper-prefix" and
"wrapper-namespace" attributes. Section 5.14 (p:data) says:

"It is a dynamic error (err:XD0034) to specify a new namespace or prefix
if the lexical value of the specified [wrapper] name contains a colon."

The "wrapper" attribute is optional, so am I correct in assuming that
specifying "wrapper-prefix" or "wrapper-namespace" but no "wrapper"
results in err:XD0034, too?

I think there is no problem with the new *-prefix and *-namespace
options of steps such as p:add-attribute or p:rename, because they are
always related to a required option. The only exception is
p:label-elements where the "attribute" option is optional, but it has a
default value, so I think this is fine as well.

Vojtech Toman
Principal Software Engineer
EMC Corporation
toman_vojtech@emc.com