Re: c:multipart content-type attribute vs. header

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:04:37 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:53 AM,  <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 7.1.10.2 (Request Entity body conversion) says this about p:multipart:
>
> "If the content-type attribute is not specified, a value of
> "multipart/mixed" will be assumed."
>
> So, am I right that the following will cause err:XC0020 (because the
> value of the Content-Type header is inconsistent)?
>
> <c:request method="post" href="...">
>  <c:header name="Content-Type" value="multipart/related"/>
>  <c:multipart boundary="...">...</c:multipart>
> </c:request>

You should be able to set the content type to whatever multipart/*
content type you request.  The most common would be multipart/mixed
and multipart/related but there are others [1].

If a value of "multipart/related" is assumed, that should only be
in the case where there is no content type header value--either
from a c:header element as in above or by the actual content-type
attribute on c:multipart.  If we don't allow that, we need to
fix it.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME

--
--Alex Milowski