Re: Associating HTTP headers and bodies

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> wrote:
> 2010/1/7 Norman Walsh wrote:
>
>  Hi Norm,
>
>>> So before going further, is it a typo in the content model, is
>>> it me not understanding the content model or the prose, or is
>>> it something else?
>
>> Total screw-up by the editor. That got left behind after we
>> cleaned things up. My new understanding is:
>
>> 1. The c:headers in a c:multipart are for the multipart
>>    message.
>
>  Weird.  Why not simply use c:request/c:header then?
>
>> There's no way to add any other headers and if there are any
>> other headers on a multipart reply, they get dropped on the
>> floor.
>
>  So the content model of c:multipart is really (c:body)+,
> instead of the current (c:header*,c:body+), right?

That seems correct to me.

>  About RFC 2387 only allowing Content-* headers for parts of a
> multipart entity, I cannot find this requirement in the RFC.  I
> can only find examples with Content-*, but not the rule forbiding
> other headers.  I guess it is in another MIME RFC (this one is
> only for multipart/related).  Did I miss anything?

In section 6.1 it says that an MUA client is only required to handle
the Content-* headers.  So far, we choose to only support those
headers directly.   That's why I would be interested in any RFC
that defines another header to be used in a multipart entity body
part.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."