[closed] Re: XSLT match pattern - XSLT 1.0 or XSLT 2.0?

"Toman_Vojtech@emc.com" <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> writes:
> Should the XSLT match pattern evaluation follow the value of
> xpath-version? (More of a hack, plus it may stop working in the future).
> Or do we need a new attribute, something like xslt-version? (If so, we
> would need to make it clear that it has no relation to p:xslt
> whatsoever.)

I added a note to section 2.6 per my understanding of the minutes of 7 Jan:

  Note

  In Version 1.0 of XProc, no similar level of control is provided for
  specifying (or testing) the version of XSLT used when evaluating
  XSLTMatchPatterns. The expectation is that XPath 1.0 processors will
  be using XSLT 1.0 match patterns and XPath 2.0 processors will be
  using XSLT 2.0 match patterns, but that is not necessarily the case.

  As XPath, XSLT, and XProc continue to evolve, additional facilities
  for specifying and testing the version of XSLT used to evaluate
  match patterns may be added to XProc.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--