Re: Clean up types used in XProc XPath extension functions?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:06:11 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
"Toman_Vojtech@emc.com" <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> writes:
> Right now, the descriptions of the XProc-specific XPath functions in
> section 2.7 use the following for argument and return value types:
>
> string
> String
> boolean
> Node
> xs:decimal
>
> I think we should make this more consistent.

I would have worded that differently. I would have said something like
this:

  Right now, the descriptions of the XProc-specific XPath functions in
  section 2.7 are a clumsily formatted, hard to read mess. They don't
  stand out from the prose, they aren't consistently formatted, and
  they use an odd mixture of type names. Hey, editor, get a freaking
  clue, why don't you!?

But Vojtech is much too polite to say that :-)

That is, however, what I've felt everytime I've let my eyes pass over
that section. So today, I fixed it. They are now formatted in a manner
consistent with the XPath F&O document.

I think there are probably a few more minor edits to be done, but
surely that's an improvement!

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Where are you dying tonight?--Evelyn
http://nwalsh.com/            | Waugh