RE: Output port may be connected to...

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:09:59 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
I think there are more confusing things in Section 2.2:

The sentence:
"An output port may be connected to more than one input port."

Does not seem to take compound step into account. Wouldn't the following
be more correct?
"An output port may be connected to more than one input port, or, in the
case of a compound step, to more that one output port of contained
steps."

--

I am also confused by the sentence (new, added in the latest Editor's
Draft):

"A (non-primary) output port may be left unconnected, in which case it
produces an empty sequence of documents."

I think this sentence should apply only to output ports *within a
compound step*, but the way it is worded and placed in the text gives
the impression that it applies generally.