Re: Another take on versioning

2009/10/13 mozer wrote:

  Hi,

> Is this really a problem since it could be cached by the processor ?
> So indeed the first time, it will *need* to connect to W3C, but after that,
> then we can consider that the implementation will cache it (or any other
> part of the web between the processor and the W3C website).

  Having to be connected to the Internet in order to run a pipeline
sounds pretty weird, even "just once."  Jeni told about being in a
plane, but imagine security concerns in some environments (I can tell
my biggest client, a governmental institution, could flag XProc as non
usable technology just because of that.)

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/