Re: Another take on versioning

On 12 Oct 2009, at 08:48, <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
<Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> wrote:
> But the dependency between the two steps must still be preserved.
> Simply
> replacing the p:pipe binding would break the dependency graph.

I don't really understand why this is important, given that if there's
no data passing between them then there is no dependency between them.
But I will defer to the implementers.

> All in all, I think your proposal does not differ that much from the
> latest draft. The only significant difference is the p:import
> requirement :)

Yes, my proposal is an explicit attempt to remove the <p:import>
requirement. If you want to keep it, my ask is that somehow it's made
clear what happens when you have a pipeline A that imports the XProc
2.0 library and a library B that imports the XProc 1.0 library. And
that what happens is not that there's an error.

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com