Re: Version attribute and importing standard step libraries

"Toman_Vojtech@emc.com" <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> writes:
> I have a question about importing standard XProc step libraries
> (http://www.w3.org/2008/xproc-1.0.xpl etc.). I think the WG sort of
> agreed that with the "version" attribute (as specified in the latest
> Editor's draft), this is no longer allowed. So, is it correct to assume
> that the following pipeline:

> will fail with a static error (err:XS0025 or similar)?

Yes, I think so.

> Or, should the processor be more clever and detect that in this
> particular case, version="1.0" and <p:import
> href="http://www.w3.org/2008/xproc-1.0.xpl"> are in fact consistent with
> each other and therefore there is no error?

No, I don't think that's worth the effort. If we did that, then I
think there'd be an expectation that a 1.0 processor could parse 2.0
declarations and I think the new versioning strategy is designed
precisly so we don't have to go there.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--