RE: isnt p:group just p:declare-step

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 03:23:18 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
> it occurred to me that p:group is almost like p:declare-step and more
> of a syntax shortcut along the lines of p:pipeline ... should we not
> frame it in these terms within the spec ?

Hi Jim,

I personally don't think p:group is that close to p:declare-step. You
probably could say that p:group is a (very) stripped-down version of
p:declare-step, but then you would need to say a lot about things that
you can't do, or that vork differently in p:group - you can't have
p:input, p:option, p:serialization in p:group, nor @type nor the various
other attributes of p:declare-step, etc. You also can't import or
declare other steps in p:group.

Certainly possible to say that p:group is a simplified p:declare-step,
but I don't see many benefits of doing so. It wouldn't simplify much,
IMHO.