Re: Please allow "yes" and "no"

From: (wrong string) Ůski <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:05:48 +0200
To: "mozer" <xmlizer@gmail.com>
Cc: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
> Probably it is safer to wait until XML Schema 1.1 *do* this change.
> Then XProc could be updated to take this new feature into account
I'll email them as well. But from what kind of danger do you mean to be safer? Seeking full alignment with XML Schema boolean values in this attribute apparently wasn't a goal for XSLT or XQuery. Do you see a strong rationale (a weak one I do myself - general consistency is nice to have) for it? On the other hand, I can give a use case for aligning (by including its values; this doesn't require turning your backs on XML Schema values) with [Serialization]: no need to special-case this attribute when mapping (not necessarily converting, since the technologies are to serve different purposes) between XProc and either XSLT or XQuery. If this small change is omitted now, introducing it in a later version of XProc (if any) may take very long and have diminished benefit then. I'm asking you therefore to reconsider.