Re: p:http-request - conflicting content-type information for body parts

2009/1/26 ? wrote:

>>     It is a dynamic error (err:XC0020) if the value of a
>>     header specified via c:header (e.g. Content-Type)
>>     conflicts with the value for that header that the step
>>     and/or protocol implementation must set.
>>       -- http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#err.inline.C0020

> Is it really so? I thought that the error is for something
> else, like if use a value that is not valid/supported for
> given header.

  I think that the "must set" in "conflicts with the value for
that header that the step and/or protocol implementation must
set" refers to those headers that the step has to set itself
from other info (as Content-Type from @content-type.)

  And I don't think this is the responsibility of the processor
to throw an error for an "invalid" header value, I would instead
send the request as it is set by the user, and let the server
respond with an error if appropriated (and I think that this is
the way the step is actually designed.)

>> What about content-type="text/xml; utf-8" and c:header
>> Content-Type set to "text/xml" for instance?  Do they
>> conflict?

> Interesting question... I would say that there is no conflict
> here. One of the content-type values will be completely
> ignored, in my opinion.

  Yes, I think so.  But in this case, I think we should act as
if @encoding had been set to "utf-8."  BTW, if I am right, it is
not possible to set the header Content-Type without setting
@content-type to a value also.  Why not say this attribute is by
default the value of the corresponding header, if any?

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/