Ordering of steps in a subpipeline

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:44:44 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

I got a bit confused about the exact behavior of the processor when it
orders the steps based on the connections between them...

Am I right that the following pipeline will produce a static error,
because the steps cannot be executed in the desired order (that is:
identity2, identity1)? As I understand it, "identity2" is "locked" by
the p:group because it is the last step in the document order and
p:group has an unbound primary output port. But which error should be
reported? err:XS0001?

But (correct me if I am wrong) the following pipeline will run just
fine, because "identity2" is no longer "locked" by p:group, and it can
therefore be run before "identity1" with no problems.

Or did I completely misunderstand how the "last step in the subpipeline"
should be treated?