Re: p:xquery and c:data

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:14:57 +0100
To: Toman_Vojtech@emc.com
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
2009/2/18 ? wrote:

> The text in 7.2.9 (p:xquery) says this about the document on the 'query'
> port is handled:

> "If the document root element is c:data or has a c:content-type
> attribute that specifies a text content type or a media type that the
> implementation recognizes, then the text descendants of this element are
> considered the query."

  Unfortunately, I can't provide you with an answer, but I have
another related question ;-)

  The above paragraph tells that the processor has to use the text
value of the query document.  I know XQuery is not well-formed XML,
and that has been debated before.  But can't we use content-type to
enable one to use XML as the query?  Something like:

    <!-- no @content-type, or text/plain -->
       &lt;result&gt; {

could then be written as:

    <c:data content-type="application/xml">