[closed] Re: p:uuid question

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:29:20 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:
> Does p:uuid generate *one* UUID, or separate UUIDs for each of the
> matching nodes? I think it is the former, but it is not 100% clear in
> the spec.

Per the minutes of 22 Jan 2009, only a single UUID is generated.
Implementations are required to support version 4 UUIDs. Support for
other versions, and how the inputs necessary to compute them are made
available, is implementation-defined.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Resist the urge to hurry; it will only
http://nwalsh.com/            | slow you down--Bruce Eckel