Associating HTTP headers and bodies

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 17:55:03 +0100
To: XProc Comments <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

  In p:http-request, a multipart request or response content is
represented as:

      content-type? = string
      boundary = string>

  While this maps directly the HTTP entity content structure,
this fails to express the semantics: a multipart is a set of
parts, each of them having a set of headers and a content:

      content-type? = string
      boundary = string>

  This is of course equivalent, but in the later case the
physical structure matches the logical structure.  Furthermore
(and I would say more importantly), the former case requires
grouping to get the headers corresponding to one part, and I am
afraid that will be blocking for same applications.

  I think the current design introduces unneeded and avaidable

  Regards, and Merry Christams!

Florent Georges