Re: Namespace attribute for steps that take wrappers?

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:12:37 +0100
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
2009/12/1 Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> Presumably you mean

  I can't speak about what Norm has meant, but in your above
instruction, the processor does not know which prefix to bind to the
namespace URI.  If you make new-name value a lexical QName, the
processor have all the three pieces: the prefix, the namespace URI and
the local name.

  I think this is exactly the same context than with xsl:element's
@name and @namespace <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#xsl-element>.

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/