[closed] Re: XQuery 1.0

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 07:40:42 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
> Our XQuery step claims to support explicitly XQuery 1.0. I propose
> that we relax that and give processors the freedom to support both 1.0
> and any future version of XQuery.

Per the decision at the 30 Apr telcon, I have added this paragraph to
Section 4 of the spec:

<para>Several of the steps defined in this specification refer to other,
evolving XML technologies (XSLT, XQuery, XSL-FO, etc.). Where this specification
identifies a specific version of a technology, implementors <rfc2119>must</rfc2119>
implement the specified version or any subsequent edition or version that
is backwards compatible. At user option, they may support other, incompatible
versions or extensions.</para>

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | To see the world in a grain of
http://nwalsh.com/            | sand,/And a heaven in a