RE: xquery and c:data

> Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:
> > The same applies also to p:validate-with-relax-ng.
>
> I don't think that's the same thing. A RELAX NG grammar is an XML
> document. The p:validate-with-relax-ng step just has a special case
> for users who need/want to pass the standard, but non-XML, compact
> syntax format to the step.

What I meant is that p:validate-with-relax-ng says the same as p:xquery
used to say:

"If the root element of the schema is c:data or has a c:content-type
attribute that specifies a text content type or a media type that the
implementation recognizes, then the step should treat the text node
descendants of the element as a [RELAX NG Compact Syntax] document for
validation."

What happens if I specify a non-XML, non-text content type via
c:content-type or c:data/content-type? I guess that should be an error?

Regards,
Vojtech