Re: p:viewport - number of matching documents

Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:
[...]
> Based on the spec ("The result of the p:viewport is a copy of the
> original document where the selected subtrees have been replaced by the
> results of applying the subpipeline to them."), returning more than four
> matches doesn't make much sense to me in this case, so I think that
> p:viewport should give me only four matches, but where does this follow
> from?

From 4.3:

  After a match is found, the entire subtree rooted at that match is
  processed as a unit. No further attempts are made to match nodes
  among the descendants of any matched node.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Vision is the art of seeing things