Re: [closed] Re: p:validate-with-schematron report defect

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:59:55 +0200
To: "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

2008/10/3 Norman Walsh wrote:

> I understand your concern, but the WG is trying to be
> pragmatic.

  So do I.  I thought that being not able to rely on the output format
would make this step totally unusable, but Luis remined me that I
could simply test what the report root element or namespace is (and so
infer what the format is.)

  A shame that I didn't think about that myself :-(

  So at the end of the day I think I am satisfied by the WG's decision
(including reports as well as asserts, and not setting the output
format.)

  Thanks for having taken that into account.

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/