Re: exclude-inline-prefixes (err:XS0057, err:XS0058)

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:43:00 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about err:XS0057 (and err:XS0058 as well)
>
> Section 5.12 says:
>
> "It is a static error (err:XS0057) if a namespace prefix is used within
> the exclude-inline-prefixes attribute and there is no namespace binding
> in scope for that prefix."
>
> And:
>
> "It is a static error (err:XS0058) if the value #default is used within
> the exclude-inline-prefixes attribute and there is no default namespace
> in scope."
>
> --
>
> Is the processor supposed to check this everytime
> @exclude-inline-prefixes is specified (on p:library, p:declare-step,
> p:inline) or only when it actually *uses* the list of excluded prefixes
> (that is, during parsing the contents of p:inline)?
>
> I think the former is the expected behavior, but I am just not sure.

When the attribute is specified. Basically, the excluded-inline-prefixes
become a set of excluded namespaces at the point of specification. Later
on, those namespaces are excluded. The prefix is used just to make the
author's life easier.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Mankind are always happy for having
http://nwalsh.com/            | been happy; so that if you make them