Re: XSLT 2 and xsl:result-document

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:14:28 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:

> Just a question: How does exsl:document relate to this?

Good question. On the one hand, it's not clear how much we can say
about extensions, but in this case, I think that they should be
treated just like xsl:result-documents in XSLT 2.0.

Which I think is fine except that we need to soften the statement
about the secondary result port in the XSLT 1.0 case.

Right now it says:

  If XSLT 1.0 is used, an empty sequence of documents MUST appear on
  the secondary port.

I think we should reword that to:

  If XSLT 1.0 is used, an empty sequence of documents will appear on
  the secondary port, unless extension elements or functions are used
  to write secondary results.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Debugging is 99% complete most of the
http://nwalsh.com/            | time--Fred Brooks, jr.