Re: XSLT 2 and xsl:result-document

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:52:55 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) writes:

> My reading of the XSLT 2 spec. (and the way Saxon works) suggest we have
> something that at least needs work:  xsl:result-document with an
> explicit "href" attribute is defined to (try to) write a document to
> the specified location.  Do we care?

Those documents are required to appear on the secondary output port.
They do not get written to disk unless your pipeline does so.

> Insofar as XSLT processors are
> likely to expose some security controls to the user, should we at
> least add an option which attempts to expose that control to the
> pipeline author?  Or should we mandate locking this down unilaterally?
> At the very least we need to call attention to this, I think.

From 7.1.31:

  The primary result document of the transformation appears on the
  result port. All other result documents appear on the secondary
  port.

I think that locks it down.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Time wounds all heels.
http://nwalsh.com/            |