RE: Questions + comments on XProc WD 14 December 2007

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 02:49:59 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

> The p:pipeline element is just syntactic sugar at this point
> for a particular p:declare-step. I think the type attribute
> on p:pipeline inherits the constraints given on
> p:declare-step (though the spec is not clear on that point).
>
> Since the type must be in a non-null namespace, and since we
> interpret all unqualified QName values as being in the
> null-namespace, I think it does follow that the second
> example above is not valid.

Actually, that was my question. It wasn't clear to me whether the value
of the type attribute of p:pipeline must be in a non-null namespace
(similar to p:declare-step). Section 4.1 does not say that - but I just
read the last couple of sentences in that section where the
transformation from p:pipeline to p:declare-step is described, and it
follows from there that type must be in a non-null namespace... So I
guess it's clear.

Vojtech Toman
Principal Software Engineer
EMC Corporation