Default bindings for non-primary inputs

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:58:59 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
This is legal:

The primary input 'source' will automatically be bound to the default
readable port. The primary output 'result' will presumably get bound
too.

This is not legal:

It's not legal because there's no binding for the 'stylesheet' input
and the stylesheet input isn't a primary input.

This is legal:

The stylesheet port is now named but no binding is provided. In this
case, the port will automatically get bound to the default readable
port.

I think I used to think that providing default bindings for that last
case was easy to understand. Now I'm not so sure.

Would it be simpler to just say that non-primary inputs must always
have explicit bindings?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A complex system that works is
http://nwalsh.com/            | invariably found to have evolved from a