[closed] Re: Compound steps with empty subpipelines

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:11:26 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
| / Toman_Vojtech@emc.com was heard to say:
| | I wonder if empty subpipelines are allowed in compound steps such as
| | p:for-each, p:catch/p:when, p:group, or p:pipeline?
| No: http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#err.inline.S0027

That was probably rather terser than I meant, sorry.

Empty subpipelines are not allowed in compound steps. While it might be
possible to define semantics for them, the WG has decided not to do that.

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything should be made as simple as
http://nwalsh.com/            | possible, but no simpler.