[closed] Re: xinclude processing and XProc

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:27:20 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
/ James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> was heard to say:
| test-suite sparked my mind on what effects xinclude may have during
| processing of an XProc document.
|
| There maybe times when you would want to give the pipeline author a
| chance to specifically disallow xinclude processing (and have
| implementator handle this)...perhaps a flag on pipeline?
|
| also, thinking about the knock on effects of using xinclude within
| p:inline elements.
|
| thoughts?

Any processing that a pipeline processor might perform on a pipeline
document before it is evaluated is implementation defined. I've added
a note to the spec to that effect.

The semantics of XProc do not include automatically expanding XInclude
elements that appear in the pipeline document.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It is not failure of others to
http://nwalsh.com/            | appreciate your abilities that should