[closed] Re: Comment: version and forward compatibility

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:12:46 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
/ Deborah_Pickett@moldflow.com was heard to say:
| One of the wisest things, IMHO, that the XSLT working group did was to
| nail down forward-compatible behaviour for XSLT 1.0 processors running
| future-versioned stylesheets.  I can see this being equally important for
| XProc.
|
| Is this a legitimate concern?  If not, why not?

Deborah,

I believe that recent drafts have addressed this issue. I think
Henry's follow-up issue has also been addressed. Please let us know if
you disagree. (We will be doing another Last Call.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | If you're strong enough, there *are* no
http://nwalsh.com/            | precedents.--Scott Fitzgerald